Here’s a quick little treat that is so fast to make it’s almost a sin not to treat yourself to a batch of this at some point over the weekend. Whether you’ve got friends coming over or are planning a movie marathon for 1, this is a seasonal must: Apple Pie Dip with cinnamon sugar pita chips.
Apple Pie Dip (Originally published at http://www.thepeachkitchen.com)
- 2 cups apple, peeled, cored, and diced
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cornstarch, dissolved in 1 tsp water
- Combine all the ingredients except the cornstarch-water mixture in a small pan (or microwaveable bowl, if you want to do this in the microwave).
- Heat for a few minutes until it’s boiling and the apple has released its juices
- Remove from heat and add the cornstarch-water mixture
- Return to heat (or microwave) and return to boiling, stirring often, until the sauce has thickened. It doesn’t take very long.
- Pour into a serving bowl and set aside. This can be served warm, or chilled, and is delicious either way. When you’re ready to dive in, open that bag of cinnamon-sugar pita chips and enjoy!
After we inhaled the first batch, I realized this could also be good spread on top of cinnamon-sugar graham crackers. You know, if you wanted to go all wild like that.
Hope your first weekend of October is a good one!